Monday, June 7, 2010

Happy Weekend

We're mostly recovered here from another too short weekend too long on fun. The highlight for Miss Bit was attending the marvelous mermaid party in honor of her friend C.'s sixth birthday. C.'s Mom, my friend S., knows how to throw a party with a capital P. Can you say PARTAY? She turned her backyard into an underwater grotto fit only for the best mermaids and mermen. There was a monstrous water slide, bubbles galore, a most entertaining magic show, yummy pizza and cake, and plenty of presents and play. Just this evening Miss Bit told me she wished she could go back and do it all over again! I cannot blame her, but chuckled as I remembered she didn't want to get out of the van afraid she wouldn't know anyone. I'd hire S. in a heartbeat, but this is just something she does because she so so so loves her little girl. I so so get that.









The best part of the weekend for T. Bone was having an old friend from his new school over to play all afternoon Sunday. He's brimming over with excitement for next year's change and I couldn't be happier. It's going to be stellar!
I'd have to say that my favorite part was coming home from a two hour trip to the home improvement store and the sub shop Sunday to find my two indoor cats outdoors, but alive.
T-H-A-N-K-F-U-L-L-Y A-L-I-V-E!
They followed me onto the patio when I went to water plants and then we left and left them outside. As we were looking at light fixtures, Miss Bit said, "Uh oh! Did we bring the cats inside?!" I couldn't even fathom that we hadn't and so we carried on shopping and then eating. Then we weren't greeted by the boys when we came home, and we knew that something was very wrong. As soon as we opened the patio door, they emerged from the bushes. They were a little skittish, but my hubby was right when he said that he bet they'd head right out an open door right away. They did.
I really think my hubby's favorite part was just having time to tackle chores around the house, yard, garage without feeling guilty for not doing schoolwork. And I N-E-V-E-R thought I'd say that.
We ordered pizza from one of our favorite parlors and hunkered down for a movie night last night. The feature film was Alice in Wonderland, and it kept us all entertained. I only fell asleep for like 10 minutes...the 10 minutes Alice slays the watchmacallit. What can I say?
I slept like a happy baby last night. The kids woke easily this morning and were anxious to begin the countdown. 4-3-2-1...S-U-M-M-E-R! I'm ready too...

No comments: