Friday, June 25, 2010

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Summer = lots of time to chill.


My Dad got out of the hospital yesterday. He needed a stint in a very blocked artery. I am almost as relieved as he is that he'll be good as new soon.


Homemade cards for one awesome Dad!
Miss Bit and her main squeeze. I know he really rates because not just anyone gets peace sign hearts.

(I never said I was an artist!)


Of course, T. Bone's subject matter is baseball.


These are his very own sweet words.


T. Bone made the district tournament team.

On the way to Miss Bit's game this week, my girl said, "Mom, I really don't like the unbatting part of the game."

My hubby for taking a half day to help me strip wallpaper this week so we could be all set for the painter to come work his magic. We now have a barn red ceiling in our family room, and one wall is a ginormous magnetic chalkboard that Miss Bit cannot wait to write on when she plays school.

Picking up noodles for dinner and heading over to the in-laws to swim into the gloaming. T. Bone perfected the Nestea Plunge and Miss Bit showed much improvement diving.

The storm that sent us to the basement Monday night, didn't cause any damage. A tornado touched down that night within miles of my Dad's house in the woods, but he didn't even lose a branch. Then I was woken very early Wednesday morning by a roll of raucous thunder so robust in rattled my bones. The bolts that followed illuminated the sky much more magnificently than any fireworks display I've ever seen. I listened to the storm for over an hour as it moved north until it was merely a distant, muted rumble, and then I fell back to sleep.

Fudgecicles.

Up dos.


Stripes and plaids...just not together. (Not to worry...he changed immediately after this photo was snapped.)


Bells of Ireland, peonies and hydrangeas.



Very little computer time this week. My laptop charger died. Instead of being connected, I escaped and managed to read The Help in it's entertaining and touching entirety. It is a MUST read.

Rumor has it that Kathryn Stockett has another book coming out soon.
T. Bone has recently started calling me "Mommy" again.
Miss Bit loves to put on my shoes and prance around my room when I'm getting ready. The taller the heel, the strappier the sandal, the brighter the color the better. Then she raids my jewelry boxes.
I woke up before my alarm this morning. I was out walking by 6:00. I miss my Friday morning walks alone with my thoughts. It's the best way to clear my head.

No comments: