Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Queen of Rationalization is Having a Crisis of Conscience

Today has been perfect in every way...a day filled with many bonuses. My husband started the pancakes that I promised my kids before he left for work because I overslept. My massage was heavenly. Auriel spent at least an hour and a half with me and I scheduled another session in a few weeks. The mailman delivered a package from my accountant with better than expected news. My daughter and I went for a hike after lunch and enjoyed the fresh air, sunshine and conversation. We have a craft project planned for when the big kids get home from school. So what is my crisis?

Well...I had plans to end my perfect day with one of my favorite workouts (aforementioned kick butt cardio class) and now my sil has invited me over for a glass of wine. Sharing a bottle of wine is a tradition of our's celebrated when my brother travels. The girls, my Mom included, would get together to catch up. My brother is traveling and my Mom is gone, but we are still here and perhaps it is time to resurrect this tradition.

BUT

I gave up wine for Lent.

BUT

Father T. shared with me that he gave up sweets and booze, but most certainly not the blood of Christ. Almost sounds like permission for me to have a glass and from my priest.

BUT

Who stops at just a single glass?

AND

Auriel did suggest I refrain from exercise today so as not to thwart the release of toxins and radicals freed during my session today. She told me to drink lots of liquids. Wine is a liquid.

I guess what I should do is go enjoy a seltzer with a lemon spritz with my sil.

Stay tuned for what I do do...

No comments: