Sunday, March 15, 2009

Top O' The Evening To You

So...we celebrated St. Patty's Day tonight...this weekend. This holiday always reminds me of my 50% Irish mum. I wore her shamrock sunglasses and her O'Shit button proudly! That being said, we toasted her at an early celebration dinner tonight (whoever said that corned beef and Shepard's pie aren't deliciously delicious?!?!) McG. was most definitely there with us in spirit. My Mom has been with me all day!

Last night I attended my first frat-like house party (lots of people, limited space, loud music, flowing libations) since college. It brought back so many memories. We are all older and our addresses are different, but beyond that we are so much the same. As much fun as I was having, I knew that we had to bid adieu before the festivities wore down (plus we promised my friend we would be home at a 'reasonable hour') and that is just what we did...leave in the middle of the momentum. After all, it's the smart thing to do...leave and rehash the night with my awesome man.

No comments: