Friday, November 18, 2016

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

The sunrise. The sky was showy every morning this week and I was awake to admire it. Standing there watching the day dawn always allows me to start my day with the right amount of humility and inspiration. The pictures below were taken at the same time on three mornings.




Watching Lily swim. She has a command of the water I don't share. She participated in another meet this week, and she rocked it.



Belgian chocolate. Chocolate in general really, and knowing that another Whole30 is in the near future.


Dedication. Every night this guy is out there practicing both his golf and baseball swings.


The way everything waxes and wanes.


Fat squirrels. It means winter is coming and I am ready for it after an unseasonably lovely and warm fall. To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven.



Everything about LL Bean's soft pima cotton long-sleeve t-shirts. 

This book and this reading buddy.


Bug time. It happens every morning at approximately 7:05. If I don't turn his bug on, he reminds me.


A long walk on Wednesday. I listened to two Moth podcasts...8 stories total and I stopped to take pictures. It's good to remember that there's so much beauty even in barrenness.









Moth podcasts and in particular Angels as told by Run of Run DMC. I have my own affinity for Sarah McLachlin.

Two of my muses...pretty in pink. 


No comments: