Friday, November 11, 2016

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

The week is over. I think it was trying for all of us. I have so many opinions about what transpired Tuesday and in the days since, but I'm keeping them to myself. I've had about enough of everyone else's rants and raves so I certainly don't want to add to the vitriol.




That being said, I am grateful to live in a free country and to have the right to vote. 

Lessons. I feel like no matter what side of the aisle you were on this year, how we got here and how we go forward are pivotal lessons we all need to understand and embrace.

A self-imposed social media break. 

This morning it finally felt like fall. It's time. This girl wants to wear Uggs (even if she has to do so with shorts.)




Trying to find the beauty in ugly times. These orange beauts brought me joy all week long.



Tomorrow we'll celebrate Mike's birthday in Madison at the Badger Game. He's a big fan of Bucky. I'm a big fan of his. It will be a good day for road trips, tailgates, football and friends.

We'll also be celebrating the fact that Mike made it through a massive workplace restructuring.

Family dinner. We rarely eat much before 8 o'clock because Lily is at swimming until 7 and Ted is golfing, but we still sit down as a family most nights and I look forward to it all day.

The perfect pot of chili this week. I doubled the spices and the fam loved it twice as much. 

Peanut loved the honey mustard glazed chicken thighs as is evidenced by his begging below.




The life of a cat...charmed.





Motivated, hard working children. Lily may have a new client and Ted applied for a new job too.

Books. I started The Nightingale this week and while I didn't have much time to read, I already can tell this novel will have an impact on me.

A couple great evening walks this week with Mike.

Readying for the upcoming holidays. I love Thanksgiving and Christmas. I'm excited that my cousin is coming for Turkey Day and I've been planning some fun things for us to do. We're hosting Christmas Eve this year. It's been forever since we've had it at our house so I'm busy planning menus and already thinking about the decorations. I ordered a new tablecloth today and the first gift of Christmas arrived on our stoop. Whoever said Christmas is for kids?




No comments: