Friday, July 22, 2016

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Getting up early this morning. Even though I wanted that extra hour of sleep, I also wanted to hear the buzz about Trump's speech last night on GMA first thing. I fell asleep about half way through his 75 minute rally, but I thought he was doing a pretty good job. As much as I lack affinity for either candidate (affinity being a kind word), I think this is fascinating stuff. And entertainment aside, it is my duty to be informed so I can cast my educated vote.

The right to vote. I've voted in every presidential election since I turned 18 and all elections the past decade. It really gets me fired up when I hear people say that they're not going to vote in November. It's reckless.

Getting to work early so I can leave early.

An extra day off this week and every week for the rest of the summer. 

Air conditioning. It's been brutal here all week. In the 90s and humid. It's the kind of weather that gets me looking forward to fall, and I don't want to wish away the second half of summer. 

After this weekend, softball is over. It's been a long season. She's busy with games and practice usually 4 nights a week. That's too much for summer in my opinion. 

Camp Grandma. Lily had a fun overnight this week that involved lots of time in the pool and a visit to the movies.

Pokemon Go. I cannot believe I'm actually saying this, but Ted went out for 2 long bike rides today to catch Pokemon and to crack his eggs. If not for this ap I fear, he would've watched tv all day.

Middle of week end of day picnic dinners on the beach.









6 weeks of summer left.



No comments: