Friday, March 4, 2016

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Playing hooky with Lily in the middle of the day Wednesday.  After her doctor appointment, we stopped for a quick lunch at Ma Fishers.  Actually, lunch for her and breakfast for me.  She really didn't want to miss school though.  She's such a dedicated student.  She even took the science quiz she missed in the morning that afternoon.



On our way back to school, we stopped at the lake front.  It was quite a different scene from just the week before when I visited with Ted.  I was reminded of these C.S. Lewis words: "Isn't it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back everything is different..."



Mother/daughter selfies.  I am not comfortable in front of the camera.  I'm used to taking the pictures, but once in awhile I move out of my comfort zone, and I'd pretty much do anything for her.


Ted went with Lily this week when she had to dog sit.  She's still leary to go by herself even in daylight, and I cannot blame her.

Mike and I started Homeland Season 5 this week.  

I started a new book.  Everything I Never Told You should be a quick read based on the first 4 chapters.  




Ted's had a lot of homework these past few weeks.  He doesn't complain.  He just powers through it night after night.



Everything about this guy.


Everything about this girl.


There's snow in the weekend forecast.  I'm looking forward to holing up at home this weekend.  Snow is a good excuse for being a recluse.



These Rumi words...If you only say one prayer in a day, make it thank you.


Friends should be here soon for a Friday night happy hour.