Friday, February 26, 2016

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

A date with my guy last night.  We tried a new restaurant on our way to see a new show.  The restaurant has been around for a long stretch and the show is 50 years old, but both were new to us. We enjoyed the wood fired Diavola pizza and also Cabaret.  It wasn't my favorite musical, but it was nice to have a night out with my husband.



A mid-week date with friends.  I looked forward to meeting up with them for cocktails, dinner and conversation all day long.  Catching up was long overdue.


An afternoon coffee date with Teddy.  It's our tradition to visit Starbucks after doctor appointments.  There's one in the same building as his pediatrician and one next door to his orthodontist.  Then we popped in the adjacent book store to browse and shop.  On our way home, we drove a little out of our way to the beach to check out the waves on the fierce windy day.



Fifteen year old sons.

Independent book stores.

Butterscotch lattes.

Broody lakes.




Workouts before work.  It sets the tone for the rest of the day.

Shamrocks.  


Brain food.  This breakfast is called Math Test Fuel.


Fajitas and a husband who said yes when I asked if he'd grill all the peppers, onions and meat.  They were so so tasty.  Pretty too.


I remembered to turn the oven on Monday night when I put the roast in.  It was cooked perfectly and even better a day later in a crusty Sciortino's roll.


My dad seems to be ok after falling off his roof last weekend.  I'm also grateful that his house is a ranch.

Eight year old brothers. Playmates for life.