Friday, February 12, 2016

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Lent.  I feel ready for it this year. 

Ash Wednesday services and a sermon that will stay with me.  I'd rather be an eagle than a dodo bird.

Also my friend Candace for coming to church with me.

I almost skipped out because I was so engrossed in The Silent Wife.  It's been awhile since I've been able to lose myself like that in a book.  It was such an entertaining page turner that I finished it in 24 hours and I felt zero guilt over all the things (art museum, unpacking the kitchen, laundry, writing) that didn't get done.




A new reading lamp from Candace.

These singing nuns and my friend Candace (see the theme here? And she doesn't even read my blog) for turning me onto them.  Whether you are religious or not, these hymns are beautiful and uplifting.

The hard work Lily is putting into being a good student and classmate.  I attended her mid-year conferences last night and not one teacher had anything but glowing things to say about my girl, and her grades...they speak for themselves.

Mike is at home recovering from a procedure he had yesterday that went well. The only thing he could have eaten was ice cream, but he gave up sweets for Lent.  I almost stopped at Kopps to get him a shake, but I couldn't bring myself to derail him that way.

Squirreling.  It never gets tired.


Walks along the lakefront.  They never get old either.  I never take for granted where I live.






After school naps.  I love when these two are at rest.  They are the loudest in the family.  Teddy has so much energy.  He's always singing and shouting and slamming.  Peanut is our resident meower.  He literally carries on conversations.  Sometimes I ask them to be quiet because I like peace, but I also love them.



Prayers answered. I talked to my cousin this week and she sounds better physically and emotionally.

Getting up a little earlier in the morning so I am able to ease into the day.



A new habit of starting the day with a workout 2-3 times a week.  I have more energy and a better attitude throughout the day.



A long weekend ahead and snow in Sunday's forecast.

Double happiness. Valentine's plans to make homemade pizzas and watch movies as a family Sunday.  Mike and I will enjoy a night out alone together next week.



The kids and I will enjoy a day off Monday.