Saturday, January 30, 2016

January 30, 2016

 My alarm didn't go off again this morning.  Ted was up and getting ready (amen alleluia), but there was no spare time to make him a hot, balanced breakfast before his day on the slopes.  I gave him a bit of a hard time last night about getting up promptly, not making people nag or wait.  I let him know that getting up before dawn on Saturday morning isn't on my weekly bucket list, but then...maybe it should be.  It should be because then I'm awake to see this...



Amen.  Alleluia.  Sunrise no filters.  None.  This is the humble, honorable work of Mother Nature and I wouldn't miss witnessing a sky so showy for another second of sleep.  

********************************************************

Lily is still sound asleep.  It appears we have a little sibling role reversal going on here today.  She is tuckered out after plenty of fresh air last night.  She squeezed her feet into her size too small ice skates and skated away with a friend without a complaint about frozen fingers or cramped toes.  They lasted much longer than I anticipated as I lost myself in a book beside the roaring fire.  On the way home she thanked me for taking them and then apologized that I sacrificed my walk for her fun.  It's tough, but someone's got to do it.  See proof of suffering below...





I'm motoring through Carly Simon's memoir.  She's someone that interests me because I grew up listening to her music, and I've always wanted to know just whom she is carrying on about in You're So Vain.   Is it really Warren Beatty?  The writing is not polished, but her words are compelling and raw.  I get the feeling that she really needed to tell the stories about her life in order to keep on living.  That I relate to. 

*********************************************************

I couldn't relate when I saw that today is the rear end of January.  The older I get...they get...the faster it goes.  And it's not like I have my head in the sand.  I'm present noticing things every day, honoring the extraordinary ordinary and living with a grateful heart.  Maybe that's the crux.  The finiteness...my finiteness...of what I can only believe to be infinite beauty, wonder, goodness, grace.