Tuesday, October 27, 2015

What Would Your Super Power Be?


Healing is usually my answer.  Sometimes invisibility.  It depends on my mood to be sure.  Whether I am feeling big hearted  or small minded.  Today I have to say that calm would be my super power.  It's really the uber brute force too.  Calmness prevents disease and promotes presence, thus trumping healing and invisibility as far as I can reason.  

If we were to cross paths today, yesterday, or many a time in the past week, you may have seen me as a halcyon invocation of peace and harmony, but I tell you such tranquility is a cover, a ruse, a sham.  It's a con for the way I am feeling, which is shell shocked, stupefied and a bit numb.

The payment of exorbitant amounts of money to have a kitchen demolished is not for the feint of heart.  I knew this.  I know this.  It's a minor inconvenience to have to go to the basement to make a cup of coffee and then outside around to the garage for the cream I enjoy in it.  I admit this.  It's no problem to order carryout and eat on paper plates in front of the family room t.v. only to find that when the breaker was turned off, the dvr was wiped clean. Life's an adventure and I embrace it.  No sweat to have to sleep in a room that now contains a cat pan and kibble, or to wake up in the cold, dark morning only to step in a regurgitated hairball on the way to the bathroom.  There's no pride in sweating the small stuff after all.  No big deal to drop a full glass of milk in route to bring a bedridden husband a peanut butter sandwich, the only thing he's eaten in 48 hours.  All first world problems you say.  And I agree wholeheartedly. 

And still I felt like crying over spilled milk and laughing like a lunatic when I had to hop to my shower for a rinse before the elaborate caffeine maneuver even ensued. I am challenging the universe to give me just one more challenge.  I'm incredulous that the #!@$ cosmos are complying. Every dare I dangle out there is accepted, and all I can do is take one minute, one hour, one day at a time.  I'm trying to see the silver linings and the blessings in disguise as I oxygenate.  I deep breathe in and out in an attempt to remain calm, but it's #!@$ hard.  So hard that I'm sure I have all the evidence necessary to prove that calmness is a super power.

No comments: