Friday, May 8, 2015

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

This week.  It was a whirlwind of work and activities so I leaned into the commotion and that made all the difference.  I said yes to what I needed and no to what I didn't or couldn't. I needed a little carpool help, daily naps and workouts, and to get to bed before the news even if Lily and I wanted to read another chapter or two.  Permission is purgative.

The weather. We don't always get spring on the shores of Lake Michigan, but we've had a stretch of blissfully warm and breezy days.  An easy transition is just what I need as I am resistant to any and all change, but especially the abrupt kind.  Fresh air is cleansing.

Sunday bbqs.  We grilled the first brats of the season last week and served them with sweet corn.  Before dinner, the kids played baseball in the yard and Mike and my brother played cribbage on the patio.  I sat sipping my Rose' feeling complete contentment.  Sunday dinner is happiness.

Tickets to see Peter and the Starcatcher tomorrow with Lily and the Grandmas.  It's a little Mother's Day treat.  Time with them is sweet.

Rickie Lee Jones has a new album coming out in June and she will performing in my city in July.  This link is for Coach so he can get us front row seats just like he did last time.  I think that is all I want or need for Mother's Day.  Listening to her scat and sing makes me giddy.  

I just got a text from Jess.  She is coming for Friday on the Farm.  I was going to go to Costco (and rather dreading it), but now I'm going to enjoy the beaut of evening with my friend while Lily rides.  Happy hour on the farm is a great way to celebrate the weekend.