Friday, January 23, 2015

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

The end of the week. It was a bit of a mess of mismanaged appointments and events, car troubles, sickness and lots of leftovers, but we made it through.

The water went off after last night's dinner dishes were done and back on before bed so I could take a warm, albeit rather wimpy, shower.  It made me realize how good we have it, and how much I take for granted.

Miss Bit loves her voice lessons.  She came out of her session chatting away about how awesome it was...will be.

Clementines also known as cuties.  Such a perfect snack.

My elliptical. We've spent much time together this week.

An existential crisis before it's too late to do anything about it.

Cabbage.

Permission.  Permission to return Station Eleven to the library unfinished because it wasn't grabbing me, permission to cut my workout short because I was exhausted, permission go to bed early, permission to put extra honey in my tea and to eat a yogurt bar right after dinner, permission to grant myself time and space.

Patience and persistence too.

A van full of 14 year old boys.  I love being a fly on the wall to observe their banter.

This line from Oliver's Blue Horses: Maybe the desire to make something beautiful is the piece of God that is inside each of us.  And this one from Forgive Me: If I were a perfect person, I would be bowing continuously.

Snow is in our Sunday forecast.  Of course, Ted has a ski trip tomorrow and we're in the midst of another January thaw.  This has not been the winter for snow enthusiasts.

Parenthood.  I sobbed through the show last night.  Probably as much owing to content as to the fact that next week is the series finale.  I know I'm being dramatic, but I am going to feel a void without my weekly dose of the Bravermans in the same way I did when Thirty Something and Brothers and Sisters ended.  I just don't think one more hour is going to be enough.