Friday, January 16, 2015

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Coach for working with me on redoing this desk.  He has much more experience, and while I am aware that it's not his favorite thing to do, he is...we are.

Podcasts.

The 5th grade choir sang The Circle Game during their performance this week.  It's one of my favorite songs.  I was first introduced to it in college.  It was a song that my sorority sang at each and every ceremony.  Sororities have lots of ceremonies, but I never tired of it.  Now it will remind me of my sweet faced daughter.

Her voice lessons start tomorrow.  She's a little nervous, but I think it will help her gain confidence over what she possesses...namely, a beautiful instrument.

But she was aware that the story you think you know is never the real one.  I read Lily King's Euphoria this week and give it the big thumbs up.  It was a compelling drama borne out of a quest for interpretive insight.  Margaret Mead made a most interesting protagonist.

Lily gave Teddy almost half the earnings she made helping me cat sit this week.  It was the right thing to do since he came along and played with the cats too, but what fills me with gratitude is that she made the choice of her own volition.

The combination of almond and coconut milk on my cereal.

Honey in my tea.  My tea in a pretty cup.

It's going to be warm enough for a walk tomorrow.  It'll be nice to give the elliptical a break.

A road trip is in the planning stages, but coming this summer.

Tonight I earned back my backgammon title...House Champion.

Packer party on Sunday.

No work or school on Monday.