Friday, August 29, 2014

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...
 

A week of vacation.  Staycation is what, I guess, would best apply since we stayed close to home.  That is just how things worked out, and I think it's for the best as I am happiest at home these days.  Not to mention, there are so many experiences to have in our own city in the summer that it seems rather silly to leave. 

We visited lakes, quarries, ponds, rivers, forests and prairies.  Spending so much time outside in so many beautiful places was just what I needed.  It truly helps me put all things in perspective, and let's be honest...it's all about perspective.

We had an idea for each day and then depending on when we woke and what kind of weather we woke to, we went forth into the day knowing that we would be flexible and our time fluid.  We didn't get to do everything we planned, but we enjoyed the things we did do. 

And the weekend's not over yet.  We have hopes to visit one more lake and plans with friends on two different nights still to look forward to.

We have several friends who have taken their oldest sons to college.  I felt the massive shift in their lives and families from afar.  T. Bone isn't even in high school yet, but he is a teenager so he had more social engagements than the rest of us this week.  Often, it was the three of us while he was off with friends.  I got a little glimpse of what it will be like when he is grown and gone.  It will be OK.  I will be OK.