Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Post Break Blues


Miss Bit painted this yesterday.
She's into quotes and painting...she's into painting quotes.
Be still my heart.
We were painting because a front came through mid day turning temperatures cooler and bringing a little spring rain.
That was right after I'd opened every single window in the house to let in the warm, fresh air and suggested a hike.
She was already on the down yo...feeling sad that we were able to measure vacation left in hours not days.
we didn't go anywhere over the break, but we still enjoyed a change of pace and plenty of fun outings.
It was sort of a hectic week trying to get in my hours at work, keep them entertained and ready the house for an Easter gathering.
Now I'm on a bit of a down yo myself.

She couldn't sleep last night.
I couldn't sleep enough.
I struggled to get out of bed to get the day started.
Yet this morning she rose quickly and was cheerful.
I guess my pep talk with regard to a short week ahead and only 36 school days until summer vacation made an impact.
The countdown is on.
And it's true...Even if your best moments r gone, there's always more to come!

P.S. I had...HAD...to add the comma.