Friday, February 17, 2012

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

A new song book inspiring Miss Bit to play her keyboard this week. She called to me in the kitchen, "Mom you're really gonna like this one. It's Hosanna that church song." It didn't sound right so I spied over her shoulder to read the song title. It was O' Susanna. We both had a good chuckle.


My friend for leaving Valentine treats on our doorstep Tuesday. T. Bone requested M&M cookies and she delivered. I was surprised by the sweet heart pillow she made for me after seeing a pin I made on Pinterest.

Miss Bit's Jazz performance this week. I asked T. Bone to come and watch. He obliged.

New suede boots...the price too good to resist. They'll be super cute with leggings.

Valentines. Miss Bit was in tears after school Tuesday when she saw the little pile of goodies on the dining room table. She was in tears because she realized that she didn't have a valentine for her Mom or Dad. She snuck out the markers and card stock and set to work even inspiring her brother, unbeknownest to me, to write his own love notes. It was a good love day all around at Casa Wags.

T. Bone before his haircut and after his haircut. It's a good thing he didn't go for a buzz cut like he thought because even this less drastic change proved too much for him. He's used to it now, and shortly after his outburst he conceded, "I don't know why I was so upset...It's only hair."


Late start days. Time to sleep in, hang out, play and then send them on their way with a decent breakfast.






Less computer time this week. I'm still struggling with finding my voice, but I'm also enjoying losing myself in one of the 5 books I'm reading right now.

Our favorite chicken Marsala for dinner last night perfect with a side of spinach.

Beautiful walking weather this week.

A long weekend thanks to President's Day.

No comments: