Friday, February 24, 2012

Grateful Friday


Today I give thanks for...
Sparkling, snow-laden branches greeting us this morning. And the white stuff stuck around long enough that the kids were able to enjoy it after school. I took them to the hill where T. Bone met up with four friends. My Bit just happily did her own thing until the boys invited her to join their snowball hide and seek game. I have never seen her move so fast and up a mountain (or big hill that looked like a mountain to her)!

This quote at the end of Akeelah And The Bee: Remember that feeling where everything feels right but you don't have to worry about tomorrow or yesterday, but you feel safe and know you are doing the best you can and there's a word for that feeling it's called love........... L-O-V-E. I actually think there are many words for that feeling. Miss Bit and I watched Akeelah together this week. The language was a tad questionable at times, but the messages were worthy, stirring, plain good. She looked at me mouth agape a couple times, I shrugged and told her I trust her to not talk in such a manner. It gave us an opportunity to discuss bad words. We both agreed there are many other ways...better ways...to express ourselves.

In honor of the Oscars this weekend, I am watching Sophie's Choice; a movie I have never seen. It is my opinion that movies and stars are not of the caliber they once were. Of course, there's the rare gem, but I just don't think any "new" A-listers compare with the likes of Meryl Streep and company. The film is so poignantly acted.

Rotten bananas because in the Casa Wags that always means banana bread. This week the batch of banana bread muffins I made (with chips for her and without for him) have already disappeared.

Taking time to catch up on journals and scrapbooks this week. The whole time I spent working on them or writing in them, I was imagining how my kids will always have these snapshots of their childhoods to look back on.

Miss Bit was a little under the weather on Thursday, but I suspected that it was more down in the dumps than down for the count. She was a trooper and made it through the day. When I checked in with her teacher mid-day, she confirmed that Miss Bit was not quite herself and yet every bit as engaged as she is every other day. Today she was back to her happy self.

Black licorice.

An invitation from a high school friend I haven't hung out with since shortly after high school to join her family for fun and pizza tomorrow night. I'm bringing dessert. I think I'm going to attempt a marriage between chocolate chip cookie bars and salted caramel bars and that way my bases will be covered.

T. Bone came down to get an extra hug from me before turning out his light last night. He needed it after a tear jerking read.

Reading Unlikely Friendships with my girl this week. She loves these stories about unusual pairings from the animal kingdom, and I just love how she adores animals. I think people who love animals are especially kind, compassionate, gentle souls and that pretty much sums up my girl.

Fat Tuesday. It was a carnival on a certain level at Casa Wags if you count T. Bone in dress up and Miss Bit jamming on her keyboard. The adults had some good laughs, libations and tasty buffalo chicken enchiladas.

The library.

This was a short week for me.

No comments: