Friday, February 10, 2012

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Being cozy on the couch with my cats and computer right here...right now. The snow is swirling outside and the world is wintry white the way it should be this time of year. I'm all alone. T. Bone is bowling with friends and Miss Bit is off with Grandma and Grandpa.

Making valentines with Miss Bit this week. I L-O-V-E time to craft with my girl. She took such pride in personalizing each card, making them special and unique for the individual recipient. Her classmates are lucky and so are Grandma and Grandpa. This card was for them.





Homemade...valentines, soups, truffles, breads and laundry soap. I made my first batch this week. This $20 investment should keep us in the clean for at least 6 months and that just makes me feel giddy. Even though it's more work than buying detergent, it somehow feels simpler.




My Dad for offerring to come here this morning to be with the kids because today there was no school.


All of T. Bone's teachers gave him stellar reviews as a student and person during this morning's conference. His hummanities teacher said that she feels he is the student in which she has seen the most growth thus far this year. And then she said, "I just know he's going to do great things one day." I got just a little teary eyed not because her words came as a surprise, but because I believe it too and it's so validating when someone a little less biased sees exactly what you see.


Miss Bit's conference was last night and I was on the verge of tears there too. Her teacher expounded on the fact that Miss Bit is such a kind, thoughtful, caring soul. She went on about her smarts too, but that pales in comparison to her character. One's mettle deserves the most merit.


An invitation to travel to Washington D.C. with my frister soon to cheer her on as she accepts a much deserved award. Three nights in a five star hotel, fancy dinners, an impressive itinerary and a weekend of girl time.


T. Bone will be able to snowboard on real hills and fresh snow tomorrow. Course, he's gotta get on a bus at 6:00 a.m. and drive for a few hours, but I think it trumps the culvert in our front yard. T. Bone and his friend took a sled and shovel and went up and down the block collecting what little snow was left this week to make a "jump."




The passion my kids have for iced passion fruit tea lemonade. Their friends love it too. I make at least a pitcher a week...sometimes two and it's not even summer yet.



Most of the day to spend with my hubby tomorrow.


My friend for putting an inspirational, reflective piece on my desk this morning. It is always good to be reminded to be grateful for the one day we have...today.


No comments: