Thursday, April 7, 2011

This and That on Thursday

The fog was so dense this morning that it was impossible to see the top 30 floors of the tallest building downtown. Driving along the lakefront was eerie cool.

I had to turn on my seat warmer in the car, but I cannot wear tights to my sweat lodge of an office. I had to forgo them for boot socks and a long skirt. Before long I’ll be working in a meat locker. We either freeze or melt.

Presently, there is a 204 vote margin between the two candidates for Supreme Court in our state. I feel like I’ve personally heard of at least 204 cases of voter fraud. It is my fervent opinion that there is close to zero ballot integrity.

Miss Bit absolutely rocked her adorable jazz dance performance yesterday and of course, I forgot the camera. She had most of the moves down, but the best part about it was the look on her face. She was feeling it. All of it.

Children with no manners have rude parents, and I have no tolerance for any boorish behavior these days. Miss Bit had a new friend over recently who helped herself in the refrig and cupboards numerous times, and never said please or thank you.

I went to a new hairdresser yesterday. I now have a dilemma. I like what she did, but her price was 25% higher than my last two stylists and that was with a 10% first timer discount. Hmmm?


Another measurable earthquake in Japan. A brutal school shooting in Rio. Our Federal government poised to shut down before the weekend's end. I'm thinking that tuning out again sounds like bliss.

No comments: