Saturday, April 9, 2011

Snapshot of Saturday

After 9 hours sleep, I was the first one up this morning. I felt like I'd won the lottery. Peace. Quiet. Solitude.

That lasted for all of 30 minutes. Miss Bit came bounding down the stairs ready and refreshed. She wanted to check on the eagle's nest and know when just when she was going to be able to take a bike ride. Now she's into some show in the family room and while I "work" on the computer, I'm to monitor the eaglets and let her know when I see anything "suspicious."

T. Bone was minutes behind his sister. He emerged from his sanctuary with the rosiest of cheeks and a serious case of bed head. Oh, and my stinky slippers, which he claimed as his own last night. He poured himself a glass of orange juice and descended into his cave, and we'll see him in time for his mid-day baseball practice.

Jess is on her way. We are meeting for a little early morning therapy...a walk. Last night she told me that she thinks walks are therapeutic and I couldn't agree more. Although she wants to log 6 miles and I don't call that little. Not to mention her legs are a lot longer than mine, but really I have nothing more important to do.

The boys are headed to watch a baseball game tonight and we girls have some friends coming for dinner. Miss Bit planned the menu for the girlies and I planned the menu for the ladies. We're both looking forward to our date very much.

I'd like a week full of Saturdays.

No comments: