Friday, April 24, 2020

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Getting up before 10 o'clock this morning. I like a lazy morning to last longer.

It's a dreary day, but I have spring flowers strategically placed throughout the house to lift my mood. This is the latest addition.


Ted asked for chicken and waffles this week when my dad dropped off a waffle iron. I've never had this combo. Let me tell you we all loved it and were thinking of who we will make this for when quarantine ends while we licked our plates clean.


Seeing my dad.

I scored some beautiful chops this week. We cooked them up in the cast iron skillet and then basted them with melted butter, garlic and sage. This is my favorite way to prepare chops.


#covidrockswi never took off, but Mike and I found just one rock on our walk through the woods this week. That means people are seeing them, taking them and enjoying them. That was our ultimate goal. We placed a few more and Lily and I will work on another batch.


Games of gin before dinner.

Lily and I went to target yesterday. She got a couple cute things for summer. I put a few things in my cart and then changed my mind. There is nothing I need right now and this is not the time for frivolity. It just does not feel right.

Then we stopped at a market that has a Starbucks in house. Lily was as happy and as thankful as I've seen her since this all started.

A Zoom happy hour with girl friends tomorrow.

Kids who are self-motivated. They are on top of deadlines and projects. They are getting their work done and excelling even under these circumstances.

We started the final season of Homeland last night. Having a show right now is a must.

The sun sets on another week of quarantine.










No comments: