Friday, April 17, 2020

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

A stash of games. Wizard, mentioned here often, is a family fave. I've had the Boggle game since before kids. The cribbage game is Mike's from college. Wits and Wagers is fun for all ages. I've been playing Backgammon since I could count.


This guy for reminding us to take time off to play.


TP, the hostess gift of 2020.


Although beautiful hydrangea's are a very close second. This beauty has made me happy all week long.


Ted spent a couple days at Windmill Beach with my brother this week. They bro'd out, talked stocks, ran on the beach, played ping pong and ate guy food.

Lily and I spent lots of time walking along the river sometimes talking and other times listening to podcasts.



Her tree series. She is a much better rock painter than I am.


A new cake plate in time for Easter.


Water and wine. Coffee, not pictured, too.


Big plans this weekend to make more quarantine care packages: chicken pot pies and almond joy scones for two friends.

Roasting the corned beef instead of using the pressure cooker. It was perfect for sandwiches.

Pears. I added a beautifully ripe one to my spring salad for Easter dinner. It's a simple salad with a lovely French vinaigrette, some toasted pecans and a slice of panko breaded toasted goat cheese. The fruit was a wonderful addition.

Green grapes have been delish. Crunchy and sweet.

Orange tulips. So happy and hopeful.




My home. It's always where my heart is, but lately I have an even greater appreciation for it's comfort and coziness.


Survivor this season. The cast of all winner has taken it up a notch.

I've cleaned out almost every cabinet and drawer on the first floor including the pantry and my china hutch. I've been avoiding my closets and the linen closet, but they will be done before quarantine is over. Hopefully, yard clean-up and some household painting projects will be done too.

New pillows for the family room. I was thinking about new furniture, but given the circumstances a less expensive refresh will have to do.

SNL this week. It wasn't the funniest I've seen, but I appreciated the efforts to produce the show remote and I did laugh quite a few times.

We started the third season of Ozark too. All I can say is woa Wendy!

Taking the time to paint this card to send to my frister who gifted me a set of hummingbird crystal wine glasses. Incidentally, she also gave me the fancy set of paint brushes I used. She knows me so well.


A pair of Baltimore orioles just flew through the yard.

There was toilet paper at the grocery store today. Still no yeast.

I picked up a some things for Linda and we chatted for a few minutes from 6 feet apart. I miss my work family. Last night we texted throughout the Disney Singalong. 

We endured one more week of quarantine.




No comments: