Friday, April 10, 2020

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Family time. Ted just returned from a long bike ride. He's making his scrambled eggs for breakfast with a side of strawberries as big as your head. Last night Lily, Ted and I sat up until 2 a.m. chatting in the family room. She's still in bed.

I'm glad there's no limit on eggs at the grocery anymore.

I drove out to drop off Easter goodies for my parents. I didn't let them know until I was in their driveway. It was a happy surprise. I stayed for a short visit. While I was there, a neighbor called offering up two slices of homemade lasagna for their dinner. It made me smile. The ways that people are staying connected, looking out for one another...it warms my heart. I drove most of the way home in a snow squall not knowing whether to laugh or cry. I did a little of both.

Cranberry and Orange Scones.

The other day, Mike dropped off dinner and dessert for his parents. They felt the love that went into making them soup and pheasant bread, and that was exactly what we wanted.

Two loaves are better than one.

I tried a copycat recipe for Starbuck's Lemon Pound Cake. One loaf for them and one loaf for us. The kids said it was spot on.

The kids would have eaten the second loaf if I let them.

Ted put the whole family to work on his Comm Arts video: Making Banana Pancakes. I was on set-up, Mike on lighting and Lily was the hand model. It was fun.

Setting up.

Dad on lights.

Action.

Behind the Scenes.

The director.

The perfect stack.

I woke up singing Were You There this morning. Today is Good Friday. It doesn't feel like Easter weekend. I didn't put together baskets for the kids. We won't sing Christ is Risen as a joyful congregation. But I will set the table and we will make a nice dinner and we will celebrate being together during these uncertain times.

We voted this week. Mike, Ted and I filled out our absentee ballots and signed as witnesses. Voting has always been important to me. I rarely miss an election. Exercising this right holds even more weight right now.

They count.

Some Good News. I watched the cast of Hamilton make a 9 year old very happy. It made me cry.


Chills.

Getting out for a walk today. We took the river trail to the falls. Everyone was mindful of distancing, but also very friendly. We saw more birds than people and also evidence of beavers.

When I got home, Candace dropped off a spring surprise: the most beautiful set of Peter Coyle crystal glasses etched with hummingbirds. They are beautiful and so special coming from her. She knows my relationship with my mom lives on in birds.

I'm a lucky girl.

Spying on Lily making Tik Tok videos in the front yard with the showy sky as a back drop.

That's my girl!

This week's pink super moon.

 The world is still a beautiful place.

 Every day is still a gift.

We survived another week of quarantine.

Amen Alleluia.





No comments: