Friday, April 3, 2020

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

I got to go in to work today. There were a few things I needed to take care of and I was more than happy to front and center for it. I work for a very small business. We were on track to have a banner 2020. Now we're just hoping that we survive this. I respect my boss. I love my job. It's been a very long time since I've been able to profess these things.

Alan has missed my baked goods. I'm usually good for at least one home baked treat each week. Since I knew our paths would cross at the office, I brought him a piece of my Raspberry Buttermilk Cake. It was gone before he got back to his office.



Lily and I delivered our first quarantine care package yesterday to friends. We just left the goodies at their front door and sent a text when we were back on the road. They were happily surprised and cheered up. I felt the good chi all day.


I got into the yard yesterday to start my spring clean up. It's usually May before I'm even thinking about it, but it was a beautiful day and I have the time. There's plenty more to be done, but I think I'll be ready for planting before Mother Nature this year.

I was dog tired after my time in the yard, but the kids wanted to take a hike and I didn't want to miss out on quality family time. We took the river trail again. I'm pretty sure that Teddy did 7 miles to our 3.5 as he par cored through the woods. The big excitement was scaring a woodpecker out of his hole as we examined it. And also Teddy crossing the river on a downed tree that was 6 feet in the air.

This picture my brother sent of the bald eagle fishing on the Windmill Beach. The world is still an amazing place.


Our kitchen table. Command central these days.


Teddy has another study spot he likes. Tigger is rather fond of it too. We're making this work.


Ted's spot happens to be my new reading spot when it's unoccupied. I'm still working my way through this novel. 600 pages may have been a little long for me right now as I am short on focus, but I definitely recommend this read.


We're all getting along quite well despite the close and constant quarters. And while I admit that last night I kicked the rambunctious kids out of the kitchen and offered to clean up myself, for the most part we're laughing and hugging more than arguing and annoying.


When Tigger needs a break, he retires to the guest room with his minky bear.


More goodness from #krissywskitchen.




And more cuteness from the resident cat.




$5 bunches of tulips on Fridays.


Lily landed a summer job as a camp counselor for the rec department and Teddy is all set with an internship.

The Mellow Folk channel. It's providing a calm back drop at Casa Wags.

Fish fry for dinner tonight from our neighborhood pub.

We survived another week of this pandemic.


No comments: