Thursday, January 18, 2024

Thursday Ramble

Before I even got to work this morning I had about all the excitement I needed. I had to move the fancy BMW that was parked behind my ancient trusted and true and long ago paid for van. I had trouble figuring out how to put it in park. I thought I had it and started back up the driveway only to see it rolling down the street. I don't know I've moved this fast in many many years and I had visions of countless America's Funniest Home Videos I guffaw loudly at every Sunday, but I managed to catch it, hoist myself in and right it before it collided with anything or ended up in a ditch.

Good thing I slept so well last night so my reflexes were sharp. I slept well despite the fact that my lower back pain was a steady 6 and my hands smelled like garlic, which usually keeps me awake because I sleep with my hands under my chin. That's close to my nose and while I love garlic, lavender is more my nighttime jam. My hands were garlicky and the Beamer was in my driveway because Lily's roommate was in town for a concert and I cooked dinner for the girls before the show.

I'm in my element when I can put on a little dinner party, but last night wasn't my finest effort. I miscalculated timing and then the actual preparation of Smitten Kitchen's my lemon potatoes. They are usually crispy on the outside and fluffy inside. Last night they were a tad charred and late. The Greek chicken was unevenly cooked. Good thing the naan and the hummus were without fault. The girls still thanked me genuinely for feeding them.

It's still cold here and I'm still not complaining about the wintry weather because it is winter. Snow is in tonight's forecast and the wind howling out the window confirms it will be stormy. Hopefully, tomorrow will be another work from home snow day. Friday snow days are the best. I've got lots to do with the kids heading back to school and our bon voyage to Mexico soon.

No comments: