Friday, January 5, 2024

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

A new year. On NYE day Lily and I went to visit Grandma and Grandpa and to take them some goodies. I'd made a quiche (crustless for my keto father), and a batch of my favorite blueberry muffins. What makes them the best is the almond crumble on top and then the glaze on top of that. We also brought Judy communion. She didn't know we were doing that and I cannot tell you how much it lifted her spirit. That in turn lifted mine.

As did mass the night before. We went to the Cathedral because Father Tim was presiding. It was our first time attending mass there. I much prefer the warmth and ambience of our church just blocks away. Father Tim delivered his three things though: safety, sustenance and sacrifice. It was good to see him and be seen by him.

Candace joined us for church and after we walked through the festive city to get a holiday drink at the MAC. It is a venue that I have a long history with and also the place Mike and I celebrated our wedding.

Dirty martinis and NYE ball head bands. Toasts to old friendships and new years.

A rooftop city selfie with my best girl.

NYE at the W's. Lily dropped us off and stayed for a visit with P, S and O. We had a lovely dinner, a fun game of Shanghai and a festive toast to the new year with $ in hand. Pete and I ate 2 pieces of herring each. I blame the champs. It's a tradition to spend this night with them. There used to be other couples and lots of kids. Such good memories, but it's quite good to be.here.now.

New Year's texts from afar. Pee and KP, the most unexpected. A video from my brother. A message from Ted who was celebrating in a castle.

My beauty queen.


 Back on the trails and the broody, moody winter sky. 

 This picture of Gus. I think I captured his soul personality.

 This sweet sweet sweet girl. She's saving my spot. 


The return of my kitchen mojo. Nothing inspires me more than people to cook for. Presently, that's people recovering from surgery and hungry kids. Who needs Marie Callender, KFC, McDonalds or Poppin Fresh Pies!? Homemade with love is always better.


Vicarious living and that they send me pictures of their adventures.



Ted is ready to accept a job to start after he graduates in the spring. He had three offers from reputable firms and decided based on long-term goals. We have raised a Zoomer who wants to work and thinks about his future.

The best ornament of 2023...

Christmas with adult kids...They make the cocktails complete with fancy garnishes, give thoughtful gifts that they wrap by their very own selves, like to linger around the table talking or playing games and genuinely appreciate all of the time and effort it takes to put on a party or two or three.




A new planner. Last year I had two that I carried with me and never jived with either one of them. That meant I missed a lot of dates. This year I'm working with one that I feel confident will work for me. It's not fancy. It's practical and that's all I need.

No comments: