Friday, January 12, 2024

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

A snow day. We woke up to inches and it's to continue until this time tomorrow so we are hunkering down in every corner of the house.



 A long weekend.

I just happened to have a breakfast strata in the frig for this slow, snowy morning. Spicy sausage, spinach, challah and Havarti for the win.

Later I'll a bake a batch of chocolate chip cookies with oats and peanut butter, a loaf of Pheasant bread for avocado toast and another batch of blueberry muffins to take care of the less desirable stragglers.

Enough...extra. I was born into a family of cooks who always made enough for an extra guest or two because you never know who might come to dinner. Case in point was Ted's friend who  joined us this week.

A game night tonight and maybe my first hot toddy of the season.

Ted is home to help with the snow and watch Below Deck with me.

Sumo orange season. They are worth every penny.

This is Us is on Netflix. I stopped watching somewhere in season three. Two minutes into my first episode today, I was in tears. I think that's why I stopped watching it, but it's such a great show so I'll stock up on Kleenex.

Judy is on the road to recovery, and my dad is being an attentive care giver. I wish they lived closer so I could help them more.

Ted accepted a position with Price Waterhouse Cooper in Milwaukee to start after graduate school.

Peace. At least at Casa Wags.



No comments: