Friday, March 25, 2022

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Lil's said yes when Jimmy came bearing flowers to ask her to prom. I, for one, am a fan of the simple invitation rather than the big production.


My new Spotify playlist. I put together a collection of lady jazz greats. Of course, it includes Ella, Etta, Nina, Norah and Diana, but also Madeleine Peyroux, Blossom Dearie and Carmen McRae to name just a few. It's really sexy cooking music and it makes me want to have a hen party.

Plans in the works for a book club reunion. I'm going to host a get together in April. I think we'll have wine and aps and talk about what we have read during quarantine and then make a plan for our future.

Churros y chocolate...better than cake.

I finally got around to making Jess Chocolate Mousse. It's far too easy to be so delish.


Our kittens are one and are technically still kittens for another 6 months.


My kids are such awesome almost adults. I was looking at old photos last night and I do get pangs of nostalgia when I see them as babes, but I truly love who they are and being with them now. They are insightful, interesting, witty, warm and I love my little family.


A little photo montage for my baby brother who turns 50 today. There was also nostalgia in looking back on our shared history. Tonight we celebrate my very first friend's 50 fabulous years.

Mike made it home from Colorado by the grace of God on Thursday night.

The last 7 days have been nothing short of a whirlwind starting with our trip to Chicago last Friday. We found Ted an apartment with a view. A view of Lake Michigan. While he had lunch with his future team, Mike and I tucked in to the first restaurant we passed in order to avoid the rain. It ended up being an excellent choice. I had the most amazing rotisserie lamb sandwich that was perfect with a glass of buttery chardonnay on a gloomy Friday afternoon in the windy city.
 
 



My cousin and his wife came in from Colorado Saturday and we had a Covid bday party/St Paddy's day feast smashup. Covid's 2nd bday was dino themed, which is appropriate for a toddler. They came with all the decorations, a cake, activities, and a case of wine. We were up until the wee hours catching up.
 
 



Then we were up and out the door for a Diva brunch at Hamburger Mary's where Ted was the surprise star of the show. Who knew that a drag queen brunch will likely be something we will talk about forever?! I laughed so hard that my stomach hurt the next day. The queens LOVED Ted. He ended up on stage and was such a sport about it. We have blackmail video for some day.
 
 





Caterina's Pork Involtini and Trudy the best waitress ever. My cousin always stops for a meal at his mother's favorite Milwaukee restaurant and it's become a favorite of ours too.

Car talk. I had such great conversation with Ted on our ride back to Madison. I didn't even mind the ride. Then on the way home I sang my heart out.

I think he had a pretty great spring break despite the fact he didn't travel to the mountains or a beach. He golfed a few times, played lots of hoops, went out for March Madness and we even had a date one night. We went to see The Batman. We shared a small pizza and a large popcorn and it was such a great way to spend a weekday night.

Lil's spring break this week has been mostly about working and working out. I'm going to have to come up with something fun for her this weekend.





No comments: