Wednesday, March 30, 2022

A Mouse Tale

The Tres Amigos were camped out in the basement much of the last 24 hours. That is unusual. They are usually near in proximity to their humans acting more like dogs than cats. I knew something was up...or in. Hazel and Finn barely made appearances last night. When I tucked in to read, Sister stopped by, meowed once and disappeared.

Now I know she was apologizing for skipping our bedtime snuggles because she was on post. My sweet girl didn't want me to feel forsaken.

Finn visited in the night. I was on the verge of sleep when he caterwauled a whole story in my ear. I nearly jumped out of bed so startled was I by his volume and his cadence. 

Now I know he was telling me all about the adventures of the day and not to worry because he wasn't going to let that mouse have free rein of the house. My big boy didn't want me to worry about critters in the night.

This morning Mike went to investigate and found an exhausted little mouse cowering in the corner behind a table. He shooed him out. Finn pounced. Mike scooped the poor guy up in a cup and let him loose in the yard. He limped away.

The kittens are all fast asleep today sweet dreaming about that little mouse.




 

No comments: