Tuesday, March 25, 2014

One Word

We were driving home from school the other day just me and my Bit. Actually, it was the day after St. Pat's...the day she was teased for wearing a Kiss me I'm Irish shirt to school. The day after the snickering she wore a very cute shirt bearing the Brewer's new unofficial mascot, soft and fluffy Hank. I asked her if her classmates made fun of her shirt again pretty much knowing that would be impossible because of Hank's infectious adorableness.
When she said no and I said good, she added :
But I don't care. No I don't care what they say. I don't care.  ............(long pause)...........   You know that one word is going to sure be important when I get to high school. I don't care'll even be important when I get to middle school next year. People will try to judge me and want me to be a certain way and I'll say that one word...I don't care and that will be the end of it.
And I was so stinking proud of my 9 year old that I didn't have the heart to remind her it's three words because really it's one strong message.