Friday, March 21, 2014

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

DWTS is back.  I really love this show and also the new format, and while sometimes the moves and the costumes are a tad suggestive, it is still a good mother/daughter option. 

Miss Bit and I enjoyed an after school date this week.  We went to the mall to do a little shopping. She is so not a shopper, which I suppose I should be thankful for.  That girl would wear the same 2-3 outfits all week every week if I let her.  Miraculously, we did agree on an Easter outfit...skirt not dress, but perfectly her and...so perfect.

My first chai vanilla latte. 

Simple meals.  Last night was fresh pasta topped with good Parm. and a poached egg.  Fresh, good and poached are critical words here.  It's the reason why 3 ingredients plus a little S&P make a more than satisfying meal.

Flashback Friday.  I sang along to Fleetwood Mac's Rumors during this morning's commute. It's such a classic album.  Timeless.

Edith Frost on the way home.

Spring cleaning.  I have the bug to declutter and organize and scour.  I did my car last night and my desk today.  It's only the beginning.  I could probably spring clean straight through fall that's how out of hand the nooks and crannies have gotten.

Spring treats.  Our fairy Mary left a sweet tin of homemade treats at our door.  She spoils us with her kindness and we love it only less than we love her.

Clementines.  Easy to peel and juicy.

Pumping iron...or dumb bells.  My arms ache after several amped up sessions this week.  They hurt so good.

Actually clicking on the link to watch the viral video of the giraffe kissing his terminally ill keeper.  Wow...I say Wow!

Rancho Zabaco Zinfandel.  It tastes like it's out of my league, but it's not.