Saturday, June 29, 2013

Grateful Friday

Today...or yesterday seeing as how it's 12:40 a.m....I give or gave thanks for...

Clouds.  The skies have been phenomenal the past few nights.  tonight Miss Bit declared, They look alive.  Really alive!  The thing is...that's it, exactly.  Pulsing...thriving...morphing.

All stars.  Yes, plural.  Tonight we had two.  Thanks to the clouds only one game was played.  It will be rescheduled with much anticipation and excitement. The other game was a win.

Now Coach will be able to attend Miss Bit's first all star game.

Fans ala grandparents and aunts who come to cheer on the player and take pictures even if all they get is a tailgate and a secret back lot tour of the whole ball park including Bernie Brewer's slide.

Loved ones who huddle under umbrellas at the ball park even when there's no likelihood of a game.

My pastel pink seersucker skirt.  To me it speaks quintessential summer. I wore it for the first time today and I noticed the little spring in my step.

Crispy fried eggplant washed down with a glass of Montepulciano at a favorite restaurant.

1/2 birthday celebrations.  When your birthday is December 27th, you really get a lackluster celebration.  Everyone tends to be all celebrated out so this year we celebrated...or are in the process of celebrating T. Bone's 12 1/2.  I really think we are on to something here.

Baby bunnies.  Our yard is full of them right now.

When I asked Miss Bit to rate the nanny, she gave him a 10!  Then I asked her what she thought T. Bone would give him, and she said, He'd probably give him a 9 1/2 cuz he's all judgey you know?  Miss Bit is spending the most time with S. as T. Bone is often out and about with his band of boys.  This week he took her to her favorite nature center to pond, out for lunch and also to see Monsters University.

When polled, she first gave summer so far an 8-9.  Then sensing my satisfaction, she decided to change her mind and gave it a 6-7.  I'm  protesting that score.

Next week I'm on holiday.  Staycation mostly.  Scary and liberating,