Friday, June 7, 2013

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Friends who don't bat an eyelash when they invite your daughter to dinner and she orders all the things she loves on the menu.  Miss Bit ordered steak, which came with rice and veggies, and then also a side of udon noodles because they are her favorite and that is what she does when we go out for hibachi as a family. Thankfully, she only ordered one Japanese soda.

Taking it day by day.  It being everything.

I finished listening to Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict just as I received notice that Sense and Sensibility is waiting for me at the library.  Skip this Rigler read if it catches your eye on the shelf.  I couldn't wait for it to end!

Beautiful strepto carpella that are twice the size they usually are.  I bought the last 3 at the nursery.  Believe me...I took that as a sign because I was late getting there this year and that is exactly the number I wanted.

A drive along country roads with the windows open.  I definitely have this longing for more space and fewer people.

Skirts and flip flops.

Miss Bit helped her Dad do yard work all day Sunday and she didn't complain about it, in fact, I dare say she enjoyed it.  T. Bone enjoyed golfing with his uncle.  Take from that what you will.

Miss Bit has started wearing deodorant.  She doesn't need it yet, but it smells good and she's all about that.  I had to break it to her that she only needs to apply it once a day.  She had a hard time grasping that old too much of a good thing rule.

Today is the last Friday of school.  I'm ready for a change in routine as much as the kids are.

Jess is on her way over for palomas on the patio.