Friday, June 21, 2013

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

A beautiful week of weather.  No humidity, no bugs, little rain and lots of sun, a light breeze.  Picture perfect.

Summer vacation is off to a stellar start.  Miss Bit enjoyed her first week of camp at the nature center.  She couldn't wait to pond every day.  T. Bone looks forward to his basbeall clinic each afternoon.  They are just the right amount of busy.  I've yet to hear the dreaded I'm bored.

Impressive report cards from both kids.  He never earned less than an A all year.  Not one B.

Grandma and Grandpa bought her these snazzy new shoes last weekend.  They thought they would be perfect for ponding only she doesn't want to get them dirty so she's wearing an old pair of Crocs.  I get it.


Summer fruit.  The produce guy wasn't kidding when he said that these plums tasted like candy.  They do.  I mean...they did.


Miss Bit recently asked me if I thought she was a tom boy.  My response was something about how she was a well rounded young lady.  To that she said, "No Mom, really I AM a tom boy!  I like bugs and frogs and being outside."  And I guess I can't argue with that.


This summer staple : the tomato sandwich perfected by grilling whole wheat sourdough filled with ripe tomato slices and slabs of swiss cheese.  More nice than naughty!


Ruzzle on the I Pad.

Boggle and Monopoly at the dining room table.

Sweet smelling butterfly bushes.

Feeling the weight of these words from The Year of magical Thinking: A single person is missing for you, and the whole world is empty. And then also how this was not my experience.  My experience was that there were so many angels here on earth.

Summer movie releases.

Daisies.


(Backyard) Baseball...


Hot dogs...


No apple pie though!  Just candy bar cookies hot out of the oven.


A quiet evening at Casa Wags.  Both kids were out and I was able to check out and watch a movie with Coach.  I was in the midst of an allergy attack, which is much more than a sneezy, runny nose for me.  I didn't use my Epipen, but I did read the instructions.