Friday, April 13, 2012

Proud

I just got back from a 3 miler with my 7 year old. She was going to stay home and watch Toddlers and Tiaras while I went for a 4 miler. Apparently, she's been biten by the exercise bug (thanks Dad for inventing the game Cash Walk) because she decided a long walk would be far better use of her time, although not monetarily profitable today. I'm proud. So I shortened up the route by a mile and was happy for the company. About 2 miles in she asked me if we were almost home. I broke the news that we had about a mile to go. Her response, "Je-sus! Christ!" I tried to keep my composure as I asked her, "What did you say?" Looking 100% incredulous she repeated, "Je-sus! Christ!" I calmly asked her why she said that. "Duh," she said. "That's a loooong way!" I'm proud. Proud that I didn't laugh out loud. Proud that my girl truly didn't know she was using the Lord's name in vain, and that when it was brought to her attention she was very very sorry for it. And proud that she kept up with me for the duration of our 45 minute walk. That last mile was brutal let me tell ya. In trying to keep her motivated, I suggested we play Simon Says. That meant skipping, hopping, lunging, jumping and racing our way home. She won. She really won. I'm proud.

No comments: