Friday, April 13, 2012

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

A break from our day to day routine this week of vacation.

Grandmas and Grandpas for spending time with Miss Bit and making her feel special while her brother is away on another trip...this time to a waterpark with friends.

Friends (see above).

The note T. Bone left on the counter for the family before leaving for a few days. It read, "By every 1. Love you all! Have fun! XO XO XO XO XO XO"

Goobye Picnik...hello PicMonkey!

It's 9:40 and my girl is still sleeping. Of course, she walked at least 6 miles in the last 2 days.

A spontaneous stop for what used to be our favorite pizza last night. The pizza is still delish, but dining is much more than just the food. The ambience, or lack of...kept making me want to call Gordon Ramsay to request a restaurant makeover. Sadly, hubby and I decided we're moving on.

Leftovers...we still have 4 slices!

I made Jaleo's spinach this week. Saute spinach in EVOO. Once wilted add toasted pine nuts, raisins and chopped apple.

The Audubon. I used to visit at least once a week. I've missed this weekly ritual greatly.

An Easter bouquet from my cousin. Shortly after the florist delivered these, the UPS man delievered another package for the kids. As soon as he rang the bell Miss Bit said, "It has to be Aunt C.! It's always Aunt C.!"



Only 1 injury to date on the trampoline. The honors go to hubby. My money was on my brother, and he didn't even get on it. I'm also thankful that his injured tailbone is healing.



A girl's afternoon. Miss Bit loves nature as much as her mama. She also loves bugs, which I do not claim to have even a slight affinity for. She wanted to catch a toad yesterday. She said, "I just wanna catch it so I can hug and kiss it...well...maybe just hug it."



Poached eggs. I picked up these nifty little eggs cups at Sur La Table and I finally used them. I got carried away making the kids waffles and cooked them a little too long. I'm going to try them again today.




Spring cleaning....sheets, closets, drawers, garden beds and one despicable van.


Homemade hollandaise. It is so easy and so heavenly yummy.

Tomorrow we have plans to see The English Beat with friends. It should be a rockin' good time. Either I'll feel really young, or really old.

No comments: