Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Happy Birthday Baby!









T. Bone woke up on his birthday feeling not just older, but also better. Thankfully, the stomach flu he came down with late Christmas night had finally run its course. I think he would have been happy to hang out at home all day with his cousin mastering all his new games especially since he couldn't break in his awesomely rad new snowboard. It's not recommended to board on grass you see, but I believe he would have if we let him. Instead we headed to an area indoor rink to enjoy another favorite winter sport. Outdoor rinks are still ponds in our neck of the woods. After skating, we went out for my boy's favorite wings. He ate a dozen clean to the bone. Grandma and Grandpa joined us for dinner and then cake afterwards. Although I didn't bake his best one this year, he seemed to enjoy the red velvet and also to be excited to see Blue Man Group next week. When your birthday is 2 days after Christmas and you've been a good boy like my T. Bone, your list gets rather picked over this time of year. It was literally that or nothing. Before bed lastnight, T. Bone came to give me a hug and said, "Thanks for making my day so special." I smiled and thought, "Thanks for making the last 11 years so special."

No comments: