Friday, December 9, 2011

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks...

That my tree is still standing and my cats are not crushed.

Advent. This year's calendar is much fun and very inspiring. T. Bone turned in his do an extra chore ticket the other day after dusting the master bedroom. Miss Bit redeemed her lend someone a helping hand ticket after helping her Dad shop and then unload the groceries. Both kiddos were very proud of their good deeds.



Cooking comfort food. My Mom's tuna casserole and Martha's chicken pot pie. Everyone ate the pot pie happily and hubby even requested another soon. I pretty much had the tuna all to myself just the way I like it.




Simplicity and snippets from my own childhood. This was our nativity.




Baking has begun. Taking it day by day or pound of butter by pound of butter. Don't know how many family favorites I'll get to, but that's just fine.





T. Bone geared up for snowboarding tonight. He likes his colorful, patterned get up, and spent his own money on a new pair of goggles.






Sharing scarves. Peanut wrapped in Miss Bit's. And sharing mittens too. This morning my girl begged to wear my new fuzzy mitten/glove combos and she's quite impossible to deny.




Report Cards. Both kids worked hard and did stellarly. T. Bone got all As!!!
My Dad's soups. A bowl of his turkey chili for lunch this week perfect after a long, cold walk.
Sweet St. Nick's treats left on my doorstep by a kind and sneaky friend.
Hubby went on a much neeeded Costco run even if it is more expensive when he does the shopping.
A Martha Stewart Holiday book for sale at the library.
Miss Bit blew her wad. Almost all the allowance she has saved this fall on a gift for her brother. Her Daddy tried to gently nudge her to a less expensive choice, but she would have no part of it because she wanted to give him what he really wanted. Wow my girl totally gets it!
T. Bone got us up at 6:20...yes, 6:20 on Tuesday morning so excited was he to see what St. Nick left. After the boys left, Miss Bit and I had plenty of time to cuddle on the couch and read her new Bad Kitty book.
The little things. She went to school wearing her new striped scarf, sparkly belt, earrings and head band on St. Nick's Day.
The other day my girl said, "There's literally 18 days until Christmas!" with some surprise. I responded, "That will go fast." To which she replied, "I dunno Mama. You do know there's 24 hours in a day!?" Priceless.
Tix. to see Junie B. with Miss Bit next week scored with coupons.
Breakfast with Santa Saturday.
Movie nights this week. The Nightmare Before Christmas one night and A Christmas Story another, or half of it thus far. We're loving little Ralphie.
The way the house looks and feels with only the Christmas lights on.
Snow. Best when the flakes are big and billowy and the ground too warm for any accumulation.
My Candy Cane Shakes.
This message from Miss Bit last weekend while she was away: "Hi, It's Miss Bit. I'm just calling to say goodnight to Mom. Goodnight. Thank you." It was 11:00 and I was already in bed!

No comments: