Friday, December 16, 2011

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

An engaging book to listen to while I walk. It prompted me to bundle up after dinner last night and go for a walk in the cold dark. I took it mile by mile and ended up going 4.
Listening to a Diana Krall Christmas album on the way to work this morning. There's no way not to slow down and soak in her sultry voice. Miss Bit was even entranced and dreaming of one day being able to play the piano like Diana.
Getting my favorite hand and foot lotion from a friend this week.
Watching Prancer with my girl the other night while the boys were at basketball and then remembering to read Reindeer Moon with her the next.
Also remembering that Christmas as in the Christmas season doesn't end at midnight on the 25th. We have 12 days for the epiphany to carry on and on.
Surprising the kids with a baggie of homemade favorites in their lunches after a long afternoon of baking. I'm getting a reputation with their friends.
Staying up late when everyone else is tucked in bed...just me and Peanut who watched me bake and begged for buckeyes eventhough he doesn't like peanut butter or chocolate.
Miss Bit finding the letter Fred typed for Santa last night since it was too windy to get back to the North Pole. She couldn't believe he could write so much and would know how to email.
Peanut watching over Joe the other day while I cleaned out his bowl.


T. Bone has been a voracious reader the past couple weeks. Wherever he is, his book is nearby and he's constantly boasting, "Guess what page I'm on now?"
Modeling Aunt C's sparkly scarf. Miss Bit approves.

Miss Bit's breakfast of perfect choice.
Tom & Jerry's and egg nogs.

Mercury glass and sparkling crystal.

Christmas lights and candlelight.

handmade snowflakes and homemade cut-out cookies.

hugs and kisses.



No comments: