Friday, December 2, 2011

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

It's Friday. Miss Bit declared herself "So relieved" by this fact from the backseat this morning.

Operation Tree Stand last night. I bid on and won this little tree at a charity event. It's going to be a blue Christmas in my dining room this year. Come to think of it blue is the perfect color since I plan to decorate it with my Mom's ornaments. After a fun night with my Aunt and Jess, I brought the tree home, plugged it in, and sat in silent reverance until my cats tried to take it down and spoiled the moment.

Miss Bit's pretty in pink tree is up too. Now looking at this photo, I see that Peanut was very involved in that project as well. Miss Bit knelt on an ornament and it shattered into many sharp pieces, thus reducing her to tears. It was a gawdy peace sign left by St. Nick last year so it could have been worse...more sentimental, but her's is a sensitive soul.



Enjoying Szechuan noodles and buffalo chicken enchiladas this week.


A friend picked up our treadmill, took it to be repaired and then delivered it just because he could. I am also grateful we didn't surrender it as useless.


Plans to take Miss Bit to the children's theater this month for a Junie B. Christmas play. When I asked her she said, "Oh YES! I love going to plays."


My hubby is going to Indy to cheer on the Badgers Saturday. T. Bone wanted to go too, but he seems content with making plans to watch the big game with his Gramps.




Miss Bit will be away enjoying Grandma and Grandpa's whirlwind Christmas weekend. She is very excited and it sounds like Grandma is too. My girl...my kids are blessed to have grandparents who think spending time with them is a gift. I'm going to savor a calm, quiet house immensely and consider that a gift too.


T. Bone came to the car in tears the other day. He was written up by his homeroom teacher. It was his first infraction and he wasn't happy about it. Apparently, the night before he was to have a parent fill out a survey. He was late getting home after a play date then practice then a JV game and forgot all about it. He took it upon himself to fill out the survey on our behalf. The survey was to get feedback on the appropraite amount of homework and whether or not students were being challenged. He didn't want a late assignment on his clean record. Oh, and if the survey was returned the next day he earned a homework pass for a night. I want to say that he learned his lesson.



Letters to Santa are signed although not sealed or delivered. They are also so sweet.

Since each one of the many stores I stopped at were out of Advent calendars, I had to make my own. I think it will be a new tradition.

St. Nick comes next week. I L-O-V-E the morning of December 6th!

The connection that this kid has with this cat. They are really quite smitten with one another.

He's also smitten with peppermint ice cream especially served out of a pretty glass dish on top of the counter by hand.



An afternoon at the art museum. Inspired and baffled by the beauty and the creativity.





T. Bone decided on Tuesday that he wanted a haircut on Wednesday. This is the before picture that he asked me to take. There's no after because it looks just about the same even $20 bucks later.



Big Gray snacking on a petite painted pumpkin.



Real life lawn ornaments.




Double trouble.






No comments: