Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Today's Truths

I'm sitting here on my computer when I have like 1000 other things that need doing.

I'm still in my jammies and a wool, winter hat that I wore to take Miss Bit to school.

I forced myself to make a bowl of Cream of Wheat for breakfast despite the fact that the only thing on my mind is acorn squash just the way I made it Sunday night: baked with butter, brown sugar and maple syrup. Oh well, there's always lunch.

I finally hit publish on the half finished posts in my cue.

Then I sent an email to my friend explaining that I may not be able to make the event she invited me to on Friday because I have plans on Thursday and Saturday and I'm not sure I'm in the state of mind to do 3 days in a row. Not sure when I was last in that frame to be honest. It was hard to put that out there in the raw, but good to be true and straight.

Next I may break down and order the cozy shawl I've been dreaming of since I saw it in a catalog weeks ago. In my mind, if it's still on my mind after double digit days, I must have it. Now do I go for the gray or stick with black?

I really just want to stay in all day drinking coffee and then tea and then wine reading catalogs, and then magazines and then my novel.

I feel like this rainy day is making me crave comfort.

November is a close second to my favorite month of the year...October. What I love about our eleventh month is her focus on gratitude. I try and remember that for which I am grateful each and everyday, but I find myself gushing with thanks more than usual during these 30 days.

Then I think of the seasonal/holiday projects I want to do and I feel overwhelmed that there is laundry in the dryer (always) waiting to be folded and put away, closets to be purged, photos to be edited, journals to be written, errands to be run and dinner to be made adding anything else seems percarious at best.

It's making me realize that I really want the rest of this year to be free of stress and shoulds. I want it to be about joy and happiness with family and friends. I want our souls to be filled and our spirits to be soaring...light and lifted, not laden down and overloaded.

The truth is that there is so much living to do in the moment.

No comments: