Friday, November 18, 2011

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

T. Bone helping Miss Bit with her homework last night so I could do some cooking and cleaning in preparation for company.

The house has been spruced, scoured and spit shined.

My Aunt and Uncle arrive today for a weekend visit. Now Miss Bit can stop asking, "How many days until Aunt C. and Uncle P. get here?"

Molly Ringwald's book Getting the Pretty Back. It's my pick-up line go to this week. It's full of advice and tips, but it's light and funny...not preachy. It makes me wish Molly was one of my good girlfriends.

15 miles thus far this week and a new route around the park close to our neighborhood. Sometimes a change of scenery is the only thing one needs.

Last night while Miss Bit had swim lessons, I took off in the chill of the night for a walk in the neighborhood by the school. It was energizing. BTW she passed out of the breast stroke and is the only one in her class that has graduated to the butterfly.

A fun, festive and tasty dinner last weekend in honor of my man and his Mom's birthdays. The Ho Ho cake I served for dessert was a huge hit too.

The sentiment of last Sunday's sermon has stayed with me all week. If you live with your focus only on your needs, it manifests itself in fear. Fear that you will never have enough. If you live with your focus always on your desires, it manifests itself in greed. You will always want more and never have contentment. Think you reap what you sow.

T. Bone referred to himself as "A little Dr. Phil" this week. Needless to say, I still did not confess my problems to him. I laughed instead.

When Miss Bit and I got in the car this morning, Sleigh Ride Together With You was on the radio. She said, "W-H-A-T!? Christmas music?" Then we sang carols the whole way to school and had a merrier morning because of it.

Thoughts to attend the holiday parade tomorrow and plans to go to the holiday folk festival with my Aunt L. and the kiddos. Tomorrow's movie night is Prancer. I'm starting to stock up on seasonal spirit.

My new soft and beautiful sweater shawl.

Soup weather. This week a crock of pea soup and a pot of chicken vegetable.

T. Bone added fitness club to his after school regimen this week along with guitar club, homework club and basketball.

Miss Bit's final Jazzercize performance was this week. She is so serious about strutting and shimmying on the stage. and just for the record...my girl has some serious moves.

Hubby is away with the men in his family for a weekend of bonding in the northwoods. I know he looks forward to this every year. It's neat how they carry on the tradition.

No comments: