Friday, November 11, 2011

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Acorn squash that T. Bone even deemed somewhat edible. Of course it is...it's more like dessert than dinner.

Cream of Wheat...it's my childhood in a bowl.

Lunch at Costco this week...there were so many samples that we were all satisfied after shopping.

My new infinity scarf in my new favorite color to wear...grey. I just cannot do turtlenecks anymore, but I love the warmth and coziness of something soft around my neck on a chilly day.

T. Bone found his beloved Badger jacket. He lost it a couple weeks ago and so we were sure it was gone for good. I'm also grateful I didn't order him a new one, which I was very close to doing despite the fact that I knew deep down that would not have taught him much of anything about being responsible.

The public market...this week i came home with spices and succulents.

JR's perfect 60 this week.

Hubby for turning all the clocks back this week. We have 13 in the kitchen alone so it is a time consuming chore. Ha!

Saying yes more often. This week I accepted an invitation to play Bunco from a friend. I had never played before, knew only the hostess and really didn't feel like going out at 7:00 on a Thursday night especially since it meant getting a sitter as hubby had plans too, but I did. I did and I met some nice women, and I had a good time.

Three walks in three days. My leg is getting stronger, but now it is sore. On Tuesday it stopped raining just long enough for me to go around the neighborhood.

Wednesday the rain turned to snow. Big, fat, fluffy flakes fell from the sky. Miss Bit was as excited as her mama. Then as we were admiring the scene, a huge buck came running through the yard right on cue.

A date with my hubby this week.

A date with Miss Bit to take a walk under the full moon tomorrow.

Tomorrow is hubby's birthday. Happy Happy to him!


This girl can climb.



This guy can cook.







I usually have this draft open all week and I add to it as I am inspired. That proved to be a true gift this week because for the last few days I have not felt the grateful chi. Someone I care about had the rug pulled out from under her and I learned of that mid-week. I've had a heavy heart since, but when I talked with her she even said that we have to focus on the little things in difficult times. And that is exactly what I do here...have been doing here...will continue to do here and I am ever grateful to her for reminding me of this.

No comments: