Friday, October 29, 2010

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Last night's Monster Bash at school. The kids had so much fun swinging, singing and stompin' with Radio Disney.

There was high 5in' and fist pumpin' too!
Miss Bit's got the moves and the confidence to boogey down.


Must be those pink boots!


T. Bone did not don a costume...

but he did get his groove on for a bit.

Miss Bit using her alarm to wake up this week. On Tuesday, she crawled into bed with me and proudly said, "I hit the snore once and now I'm up."
A game of Scrabble with my hubby. He's lucky we couldn't finish because with words like toked and sex, I was on course to beat him badly.
Healthy, homemade chicken fingers this week.
A fox in our yard the other day. The kids are convinced that O.J. is back.
A little George Winston while I work.
Miss Bit's first love letter unless you count the ones from her mama and daddy. She crumpled it up and threw it away acting like it really bothered her, but I can tell she 's a little smitten herself. I retrieved it and put it in her memory box. I still have my first love letter.
Date night with my hubby mid-week. It was such a treat to catch a movie that wasn't Disney or Pixar. We both mostly enjoyed Hereafter.
Hubby, T. Bone and Miss Bit have a fun day planned today. I believe it involves a museum and lunch out. Wish I could join them, but it's good for them to have a little Dad time.
Tyler Perry. I saw him on Oprah. He's not only an amazing artist, but an awe-inspiring survivor too. He talked about how he carried things his abusers gave him that he didn't ask for or want for a long time. He blamed himself for the baggage, but not anymore.
Snuggling in at night...all 6 of us in the family room sharing afghans and a little t.v. time.

Magic Potions

My beautiful butterfly.



Time to volunteer at school this week. I love getting to know the kids and being there for mine.
Halloween treats delivered from sweet Aunt C, and my girl's reaction upon finding them: "Aunt C. is always so good and nice to us."

T. Bone ordered a carmel mocha during a visit to Starbucks with his Grandma the other day, and he didn't like it. I'm grateful he's over his coffee kick cuz' I don't want to share my Keurig with anoyone...not even my son.

The weather is supposed to be decent for trick ot treat this weekend.

Cirque Dream Holidaze is coming to one of our local theaters.

Miss Bit will be cheering at half-time for a local college football game tomorrow.

Fall festivities. T. Bone's going to a pumpkin carving party tonight and Miss Bit's invited to a bonfire.

No comments: