Friday, October 15, 2010

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

The little things in life and how enormous they sometimes are.
Shopping with T. Bone for his Halloween costume. It was all about the voice changer. I think he would have been Ariel if that was the only costume that came with one! Hubby somewhat reluctantly agreed to be in my mariachi band. Miss Bit's nonplussed that I'm going to be a boy for Halloween. I'm all about the Pancho Villa mustache.
Miss Bit lying beside me in my bed after we were freshly jammied and cozy just chatting. She said, "It's nice having girl on girl talks. We should do this more often."
Hubby for joining Miss Bit, the star, for school lunch this week. He thought to bring her special treats. The first thing she told me when I picked her up was how sad she was he had to leave at all. Her lip started quivering just at the memory.
Celebratory chardonnay and Ceasar salads with my good friend yesterday at lunch.
Crock pot turkey breast. Seriously, rinse the bird, pat it dry, sprinkle it with a little s&p, place it in the crock, pour in a little broth, cook on low all day long and enjoy fresh, unprocessed turkey meat all week long.
A new spot in my family room. It's always been there, but I just discovered it.
The banana chip muffins I made this week were gone in 36 hours.
Foggy mornings.
T. Bone earned another perfect score on his second writing assignment of the year.
Hubby calling to tell me he liked my post on Wednesday. He doesn't leave comments, but he does read. In all honesty, it's awfully rare for me to leave comments too, but I'm working on it.
The chilean miners have been rescued. My friend asked me what was the one thing I was going to take away from this story?
Things that make me go hmmmm?
Running hills at the Audubon this week until my legs and lungs burned.
My bil was where he was, when he was last weekend to rescue a kitty in desperate need.
There are more good people in this world than bad people.
When kindness trumps evil.
Argyles.
Cook's Illustrated.
New to me foodie blogs.
Taking treats to the ladies in the school office this week. Men aren't the only ones to control through their tummies.

No comments: