Friday, October 8, 2010

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...


Cool, crisp mornings and evenings. Warm oh so sunny days.

This arrangement from Jess. She gave it to me on my Mom's heaven day. I love them all...my Mom, Jess and lilies.
When Miss Bit's friend called the other day, she took the phone in the other room for some privacy. These girls share the gift of the gab...they chatted for 20 minutes. I better reactivate the call waiting.

Soup and stew weather. T. Bone requested chicken noodle this week. We all thought it tasted especially good and ate every last drop. While we were savoring stew the following night, my boy confessed that he could live on these two meals alone night after night except for the set in stone Friday pizza night, of course.

Fall colors. Our Maple is starting to turn. This photo hardly does it justice.

T. Bone agreed to dress "handsome" for his school pictures this week. He picked out a pink polo and agreed to wear a blue sweater over it that is at least until I dropped him off at school.

This little guy posed to have his picture taken the other day.


These two have each other.


Organic peanut butter. Once you try it, you will not go back.

31 days. I'm loving all the ideas these ladies are sharing on grace, culinary inspiration, simple living, financial freedom, the art of entertaining and organization. I'll be putting many of them to good use.

T. Bone called me while I was walking the other day to read me his celebration paragraph. He was especially proud of his closing sentence: Bermuda may be small, but it sure is fun. Doggonit if we don't have a little writer in our midst.

And Miss Bit took this picture of her Dad. We may have a photographer on our hands too.
Or else a fashion model.





Friends who listen and then offer good advice.
No more smashograms for a year.
My Listography. A whole book of lists for me to compile.
Fires on chilly nights. My bil split almost all of our wood over the weekend so we'll be ready.
My brother and sil, dad and step-mom all raved about how well-behaved and gracious T. Bone and Miss Bit were while they had them last weekend.
My girl was in the newspaper this week. They took a picture of her cheerleading in her fabulous Juicy coat dress. She was a sight!
School spirit. Today is hat day.
The rule at school is that if you give someone a put-down, you have to give them 2 put-ups.
It's going to be another beautiful, summery weekend.

No comments: