Friday, October 22, 2010

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

First and foremost...15 incredible years with my hubby. Yesterday was our anniversary. Wow...we have known each other for over half of our lives now. I cannot imagine anyone I'd rather share my life with, and that is such a warm, fuzzy, fabulous feeling.

Dinner out alone last night to connect and chat even though it was quick. We are celebrating with a weekend away in a couple weeks.

Great conferences. T. Bone and Miss Bit are both making great progress academically and socially. Miss Bit's teacher said that she is never alone...she's made many friends. She's also going to talk to the class about kissing. Lil Bit confided to her Dad that her new boyfriend keeps asking her if she's ready to kiss yet.

My bil for coming to watch the kids so we could both attend their conferences and steal away for dinner. He's cheap (charging only the cost of take out), and the kids and cats look forward to seeing him. When we got home they were all snuggled on the couch watching The Bad News Bears and sipping shakes.

Tea tree oil hair products...they make my scalp tingle and my nose run.

Martha's pumpkin whoopee pies filled with butter cream frosting...perfect in the morning with a cup of coffee, and for that reason...I'm also thankful they are gone.

Miss Bit called from her sleepover last weekend because she was missing home, but she stuck it out and had a great time.

Pot roast in the slow cooker this week.

The enthusiasm Miss Bit has for her cheer class.

Walking through the Audubon yesterday holding hands with both my kids at their request.

After school movie dates.
Helping hands.
T. Bone's waterclolor still life.
Miss Bit's "fancy" storybook pumpkin.

Silly bands.
Too cute to eat Halloween treats.
Too yummy not to eat pumpkin seeds.
Last Sunday was shorts weather, and despite the fact that it was 70 degrees out my girl still donned her fuzzy, suede, favorite boots.
Carving pumpkins with Miss Bit. She was able to create her own jack o' lantern with just a little help from me.

Tigger did not carve his own pumpkin, but he was rather curious about what we were doing.
Photographic proof that Peanut is responsible for destroying my pussy willows.
Room for two...even if just barely.
It's Friday!

No comments: