Friday, July 23, 2010

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

The singing of the National Anthem before the tournament games, and for my sunglasses, which hid my eyes as they teared up and over with love and pride.

Fresh Michigan blueberries, and tart Door County cherries perfect for baking.

Ina's blueberry cake. Despite the fact that I messed up the recipe, it still tasted good. Note to self, do not bake before having a cup of coffee in the morning after 5 slim hours of sleep the night before.

Girl talk. My Aunt and I stayed up gabbing long after the kids and boys went to bed.

Dates with Grandma and Grandpa...the movies, lunch and swimming two Wednesdays in a row.

Boys in uniform.

Dinner out at a local Italian place with my Aunt and Uncle who were in town visiting. Yummy spaghetti and meatballs for the kids and seafood and pasta for the adults, wine and conversation.

T. Bone and Miss Bit dancing together, and having fun moving to the music. So much fun that when I was tucking her in last night, she said, "This is the funnest night E-V-E-R! I wish it would N-E-V-E-R end!"

T. Bone for noticing and making sure to inform me too that he has more friends on Facebook than I do.

A new summer playlist.

Juicy black plums and crisp Ranier cherries.

Miss Bit saying, "I think {insert name of expensive boutique} has much cuter clothes than Justice." That's music to this mama's ears 'cuz they grow up way too fast.

A date with my hubby to see Jack Johnson this weekend.

Impromptu sleepovers...Miss Bit went to spend the night with Grandma and Grandpa last weekend with just the clothes on her back.

Spontaneous rain days. It rained so much last night that Miss Bit's camp was closed so I stayed home from work and we girls are headed to the museum instead. T. Bone chose to go to camp because they are going to the movies. So what if it is his third flick in as many days, and the second viewing of this feature film.

It's sunny for now.

No comments: